Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 73 of 73

Thread: The Speaker Cable

  1. #71
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: The Speaker Cable

    Stuff people tossed was good income for a teenager. I used to ride my bike up and down the alleys looking for TV's and stuff people set out..I could make 25 bucks for fixing a TV, other kids worked a whole week for that kind of dough..bear in mind you could still find a running car for 50 bucks at the time. Sorta the early 60's version of Silicon Valley...
    You had ambition and initiative, a couple things that Playstation and X-box don't do anything to foster for the future of mankind.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #72
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: The Speaker Cable

    Jeez I can't even remember what movie that was...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Mel brook's 1974 classic comedy, Blazing Saddles, darned funny stuff.
    And originally from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" with Bogart. Picked up and made famous by Brooks. Been a great line ever since.

  3. #73
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Speaker Cable

    I have been using West Penn 226 (14 ga.) and 227 (12 ga.) for about 20 years. I picked up using that from the A/V contractor I worked for during most of the 1990's.

    We gennerally used 226/14 for HF runs and 227/12 for LF. They also make plenum versions for plenum ceilings.

    We also used 225 for most 70 volt lines.

    It is simple twisted pairs of stranded copper in a jacket. Why buy expensive wire when you can just pull a few feet of of the scrap pile.

    Specified by consultants in high-end commercial audio systems and good enough for my Altecs. I pretty much use the 227 on my 19's.

    Works for me.

    Carl Bill

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.